Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mom is here

My mom came to stay for a couple of days. She and her husband (Dave) are staying tonight and then tomorrow. They probably thought my house was out of control (and yes, I'll just admit this now - my house is out of control - I don't have a set schedule for anything. Dinner is never at the same time and usually very sporadic as in one day it will be a 4:30 and the next it will be at 7).

Nicholas was whiny and wound up all at the same time. He wouldn't go to bed. Nathan pooped and was stinking up the place. She and Dave played Phase 10 with the twins and Anthony. Then they went to bed before the kids did (oops). I think the kids were just so excited to see them and that we had company, which we don't get very often. I have to work tomorrow. And they are going to run around and visit my aunts and then head to Amanda's drama thing. So they should have a full day. And even though I will be at work, I shouldn't have to worry about entertaining them.

Oh and something funny - my mother cleaned my kitchen floor - on her hands and knees. That was nice and kinda weird all at once. She kept asking me what she could do to help me. I kept telling her not to worry about it. But then while I was doing the dishes, she said give me an old sponge and a bucket of soapy water and I'll clean the floor for you. I was like okay, here you go.

1 comment:

~B. said...

Wow...very nice of her to scrub your floor like that. :)

I hope that the visit goes well...here's hoping!