Sunday, November 14, 2010

What We Did Today

Gobble, gobble, gobble. . . .We made turkeys today. 


The boys painted one large paper plate and two small paper plates brown.



I cut feathers, legs, beaks and gobblers out of foam board


We also used wiggle eyes


I used one of the smaller plates to cut into wing shapes

We glued the small plate (head) to the larger plate (body)


The boys glued the feathers to the back of the plate


And wings to the front


They glued eyes, beaks and gobbles to the face


Super cute turkeys, huh?


I baked up some yummy cookies today as well.

Cowgirl Cookies
Recipe by Bakerella


Here's the recipe:

1 1/3 cup all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup & leveled
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooking oats
3/4 cup m&ms
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 – 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Stir all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl

Add

1 slightly beaten egg
1/2 cup butter (melted slightly in the microwave)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Use the back of a large spoon to work it all together. You may even need to use your hands to get everything incorporated.  Then roll the cookie dough into 1½ inch balls, place on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven

*I didn't roll these into balls...I just scooped them up by the spoonful and plopped them on the cookie tray.

These were really yummy! And the BEST part was.....I got to use my new apron.  Isn't it cute?! I love me some cupcakes!

5 comments:

Eschelle Westwood Mumfection said...

Those are some AWESOME lookin' turkey's; I LOVE LOVE LOVE your aprons!

Turning the Clock Back said...

Cookies look good! You should come link them up to my What's Cooking Wednesday linky this week!

Following you from Mingle Monday. Hope you get a chance to follow back. I am having my Green Holiday Giving event so there are lots of ecofriendly giveaways to enter right now. Hope you have a great week!

Diane
http://www.turning-the-clock-back.blogspot.com

Aimee said...

Too cute!

Erika said...

I'm following from the Cornucopia Blog Hop - thanks for checking out my blog! You have a beautiful family!
~Erika
http://erikajo.blogspot.com

Colie's Kitchen said...

Hi this is Nicole from Colies Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I really like your blog, and am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com