Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Eggplant Parmesan Recipe

I adapted this recipe from one I found on allrecipes.com to better suit my taste. Here is my version of the recipe.

Ingredients:

1 large eggplant (peeled and thinly sliced)
2 8 oz bags of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup of parmesan cheese
some spaghetti sauce (1 large jar will do)
a few eggs, slightly beaten
about a cup and a half of dry Italian bread crumbs
basil
extra virgin olive oil

In a large non-stick skillet heat up a few splashes of olive oil (probably a couple of TBS - I just eyeball it) on medium heat. Dip the slices of eggplant into the eggs and then coat both sides with the bread crumbs. Cook both sides of the eggplant until golden brown and tender.

In a 9x13 casserole dish pour a layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom. Then a layer of the eggplant. Combine the cheeses and add a layer of cheese on top of the eggplant. Add a layer of sauce. And repeat layers of eggplant, cheese and sauce, ending with cheese. Sprinkle with basil.

Bake in a 350* oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.

*If you don't have a big family like me, you can use two 8x8 casserole dishes; bake both and then freeze one for later. Great for busy nights when you don't have time to cook.








Please excuse my mess....I'm a messy cook (probably why Amanda doesn't like doing the dishes and cleaning up after me LOL!)


Eggplant Parmesan on Foodista

10 comments:

Annie said...

Following you from Friday Follow.

Kristy K said...

That looks delicious Char!!!! Yummmmmm.

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

I love just plain deep fried eggplant with tartar sauce and mashed potatoes. My hubs loves the parmesan way better.

starnes family said...

Great recipe. I love a good parmesan!

Capricorn Soap Company said...

I love your blog! I nominated you for a Sunshine Award. You can go to our most recent blog post to claim it. Great recipe!

http://www.capricornsoapco.blogspot.com

the domestic mama said...

Mmmm.... that looks so good and homey!

Rebekah Williams said...

One of my fave foods-will have to try this recipe.

Don't you just LOVE allrecipes.com?!

XmasDolly said...

Following you from Friday Follow. Wow, that's the way I do my eggplant too! Have a great weekend.

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Looks yummy! New Follower from Friday Follow!!

Anonymous said...

That looks great!!

Happy Saturday, I have something for you over on my blog. :0)