Thursday, February 25, 2010

Jello Poke Cake



This is a dessert that I remember my grandmother making many years ago. I thought it was the coolest thing ever and it tasted sooo good. Making this cake brings back memories of standing in Grandma's kitchen watching her poke holes into a perfectly good cake. And then begging for seconds after devouring the first piece. Much like my children did tonight after getting their first taste of this cake. I love those memories and I can only hope that my children will have such great, wonderful memories of me in the kitchen making them yummy treats.

Ingredients

1 white or yellow cake mix
1 3 oz pkg of jello (any flavor, I used Strawberry)
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
1 container of Cool Whip (thawed)

Prepare the cake as directed on the box. Bake at 350* 30 to 35 mins. Cool in the pan for about 15 mins. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake. Dissolve the jello in the boiling water, add the cold water and pour over the cake. Chill for 3-4 hours. Spread with Cool Whip

3 Simple Ingredients
Cake after being "poked"
Cake with the jello poured over it
Jello Poke Cake
Post a Comment