Monday, August 18, 2008

Did you ever notice?

That when you have more than one kid they always have to have what the other wants. And don't you dare give one child something without getting the rest of them something as well.

I swear I'm tired of counting food out, God help me if I accidentally give someone a little more than the others. I mean really, does everything have to turn into a fight? And I would blame this on school being out for the summer, but I can't. They are like this year round. It's almost embarrasing. As a matter of fact it is embarrasing if we are out in public.

Honestly, if I'm out with one or two of the kids and I buy them a special treat, I have to drive around until they finish it, because I certainly couldn't take them home when they have an extra ice cream cone, or candy bar, Sheesh!

And whatever you do, make sure you feed them regularly, they are like zoo animals when they are starving. And they raid the cupboards and fridge like locusts on trees. Be prepared to be attacked if you walk into this house carrying food. Seriously, don't say I didn't warn you!

5 comments:

~B. said...

LOL. "Did you buy anything, Mom???" Cookies!!!!!!!!! means a stampede, right?

Charlene Juliani said...

Stampede is right, LOL!

TxGambit said...

Yes, yes, yes!!!!! And if you buy something and you think, "I will get them each a different color..." NOPE! Just lie and say they only had blue (or red or green).

I just bought some cute plate/tray thingies.... They all fight over the same color!

And forget food. I keep counting people in this house and there are in fact only four but they eat enough for eight.

Charlene Juliani said...

OMG, you are so right about the color thing!! It could all be the same exact thing, but the color and they all want the same one. Drives me nuts!!

Anonymous said...

Oh don't I know it. Good to know it's not just my kids that do this.