Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mad and Sleepy

I have been trying to call my doctor for two days now. I don't want to look like an idiot by calling the office a hundred times, but they won't return any of my calls. I called twice yesterday and once more today. I keep getting the "busy greeting" message. I've left three messages and still no one has called me back! I know they are there because I drove past the office on my way to the store yesterday and saw about 10 cars in the parking lot. So what the heck is he waiting for? For me to run out of medicine? All I want is a freakin' appointment!

The last time this happened was in the middle of January. I called to make an appointment and they scheduled one, two weeks after my last refill ran out. I went two weeks without medicine in January, one of the worst months to go through. They said they wouldn't refill the prescription anymore until I had an appointment.

I don't know if that is what is going on now or not, but if the same damn thing happens, I'm going to be pissed! I'd rather not have to go through the hassle of finding another doctor, but come on! Call your patients back every now and then, man!

I have been so tired the past five or so days. Probably the blue/depression thing. I can't stand feeling this way though. I'm walking around in zombie mode. All I want to do is sit down and sleep. Can't sleep when you have a three year old running around. Plus, I have the rotten headache that goes from being so tired. Which makes me want to lay down even more. The past two days when I wake up, I swear I just laid down and fell asleep. It's like I lay down at night and fall asleep and then the alarm goes off in the morning, within five minutes. But in reality its more like 6 or 7 hours of sleep. It's really weird!

I hardly ever wake up using an alarm clock. I use one when the kids are in school, if I have to work day shift or we have an appointment in the morning. Otherwise, I just get up when I hear the kids getting up. Maybe I'm not getting enough sleep and that's why I'm so tired. I really hope I stop feeling so run down and exhausted all the time. I hate feeling this way.


**Updated: The doctor finally called. Whew, I have an appointment for next week. And the sleepiness is hanging on, but its only an annoyance now, not on the forefront at the moment. Thank God, for results!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he finally called back. Hope you're feeling better soon.

~B. said...

I'm glad they got back to you...is next week soon enough? If not, maybe you could call them back and let them know you're available if they have any cancellations?

Charlene Juliani said...

A week is totally fine, I'm not out of medicine and won't be for a while, I just didn't want to wait until I ran out, like he did last time.