Saturday, August 30, 2008

Public Service Annoucement

I normally wouldn't post this kind of thing, mainly because I try to keep things light around here. But since I have seen this twice now (in two different e-mails and two different stories), I thought it might be worth sharing. Keep in mind I have no idea who these people are, but the facts are true behind the story. I have heard nothing good about this birth control.

I am sure most of you have a daughter, a granddaughter, a niece, a
> friend or a friend's daughter... this might be worth checking out.
> PASS THIS ON EVEN IF YOU DON'T USE IT!!
>
> Recently, this past week, my cousin Nicole Dishuk (age 31... a newly
> graduated student with a doctoral degree about to start her new career
> as a Doctor...) was flown into a nearby hospital, because she passed
> out. They found a blood clot in her neck, and immediately took her by
> helicopter to the ER to operate. By the time they removed the right
> half of her skull to relieve the pressure on her brain, the clot had
> spread to her brain causing severe damage. Since last Wednesday night,
> she was fighting for her life. They induced her into a coma to stop
> the blood flow and then operated 3 times.
>
> Finally, they said there was nothing left that they could do. Multiple
> clots in the left side of her brain were found, the swelling wouldn't
> stop and she was on the life support. She died at 4:30 that day. She
> leaves behind her husband, a 2-year old, Brandon and a 4-year old,
> Justin.
>
> The CAUSE of DEATH they found was a birth control she was taking that
> allows you to only have your period 3 times a year. Doctors said it
> interrupts life's menstrual cycle, and although it is FDA approved...
> it shouldn't be. So to the women in my address book, I ask you to
> boycott this product and deal with your periods once a month, so you
> can live the rest of the months that life has in store for you.
>
> Please send this to every woman you know - you may save someone's
> life. Remember you have a cycle for a reason.
>
> FYI: The name of this n ew birth control is Lybrel. If you go to
> Lybrel.com you will find a least 26 pages of information regarding
> this drug. The second birth control is Seasonique. If you go to
> Seasonique.com you will find at least 43 pages of information
> regarding this drug. The warning and side effects regarding both pills
> are horrible.
>
> Please forward this to as many daughters AND sons, co-workers, friends
> and relatives. Several lives have already been changed.
>


It is pretty scary!! As much as a pain in the butt having your period every month, is I don't think its worth the risk to try this pill. You are meant to have a period every month and while its not a pleasant thing to go through, it is just the cycle your body has to go through. Isn't one week of messy, crampy yuck worth a lifetime of living. Again, this is a true story, I have heard other stories including on the local news about this pill. Seriously reconsider taking this, or if you know of someone who is taking it, discuss the warnings and side effects with them. I don't know why they just don't take this crap off the market.

1 comment:

TxGambit said...

That is sad and very scary. It is like the Cymbalta I was on that caused me sooo much problems. I missed 1 mth of work and thought I was going to die. Thankfully I didn't and thankfully I wasn't as bad as this story.

So, so sad. I don't understand how these things get FDA approved.